LysetTM Kit, the platelet derived supplement for cell culture
LysetTM Kit is a sterile freeze-dried human platelet lysate, a blood derived product which is prepared from platelets isolated from Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP).
The bioactive factors, named Growth Factors (GF) and contained in the platelets, modulate different biological functions playing a role in the wound healing process, including cell chemo-attraction, cell proliferation, extracellular matrix synthesis, cell recruitment and induction of angiogenesis.
Find a stable, steady supply for cell culture experiments
- an “off the shelf”, fully standardized and lyophilized, human platelet derived cell culture supplement
- entirely of human origin for in vitro cell culture applications
- enables selection, expansion and differentiation of human primary cell cultures, such as adult and fetal mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), skin fibroblasts, articular chondrocytes, osteoblasts, adipose derived cells
- enhances cell proliferation maintaining the differentiation potential in cells otherwise difficult to expand in culture such as articular chondrocytes from elderly donors
- allows culture of cells in a xeno-free environment (as completely eliminates the need of Fetal Bovine Serum)
- the two component system is highly flexible and allows easy optimization of culture conditions for any cell type directly by the user
LysetTM Kit was successfully used for selection, expansion and differentiation of human primary cell cultures, such as adult and fetal mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), skin fibroblasts, articular chondrocytes, osteoblasts, adipose derived cells.
Preliminary data demonstrate that LysetTM Kit could be used also for cell lines.
LysetTM is particularly effective to increase the number of cells that can be derived from a tissue biopsy (primary cell cultures).
In general, the number of cell doublings that can be obtained starting from a primary cell culture, derived from a tissue biopsy, is higher maintaining the cells in a LysetTM supplemented medium than in a fetal bovine serum supplemented medium.